Opened in June 2011, the Bishop’s Palace displays the treasures of Georgian and Victorian Waterford, located just 45 minutes from Gold Coast Golf Resort Hotel.
The Bishop’s Palace also exhibits some of Ireland’s finest 18th-century glass, silver, furniture and paintings. The oldest piece of Waterford Glass in the world can be found here.
The palace is suitable for all families, couples, friends, groups and individuals to visit.
Other features to discover include:
- Oldest surviving piece of Waterford Crystal
- Oil on copper of Francis Wyse, Mary-Ann Wyse and John Wyse
- Staircase Landing
- The Dragon Mirrors
- Dining Table
- Portrait of Bishop Charles Este
- Van der Hagen’s View of Waterford
- Anastasia Fleming Pair of two-handed Cups
- Meagher of the Sword
- Napoleon Mourning Cross
- Dead Man’s Penny
- Hucklebuck Shoes
Opening Times (7 Days Per Week Year-Round)
- Closed Christmas Day (25th December), St. Stephen’s Day (26th December) and New Year’s Day (1st January)
- Monday to Friday from 9:15am to 6:00pm (5pm September to May)
- Saturday from 9:30am to 6:00pm (10:00am to 5:00pm September to May)
- Sunday and Bank Holidays from 11:00am to 6:00pm (5:00pm September to May)
- Last admission 5:20pm (4:20pm September to May)
- Opening outside of normal hours can be facilitated by prior arrangement.
- Adult €7
- Senior/ Student €6
- Under 14 free with paying adult
- Group (10+)
- Adult/Senior/Student €4
- School groups €2 per student, teachers go free